Pages

Friday 26 July 2013

We'll take Manhattan...

Okay, so if you hadn't realised, I absolutely love films. I even have a film blog (which, obviously, you should check out). One of the things I love about films though is the costumes they wear. In films they can wear absolutely whatever-they can go back in time, outer space, to the future, to a made up land where everyone wears candy floss! The costumes can be anything and everything! That's why they're so great.
I really like looking through the past of fashion, looking at what clothes were like in the 60's, 70's, 80's and so on, I think this is why I like films set in the past (or from the past) so much.
That's why when my friend told me I should see a BBC film set in the 60's about a photographer for Vogue, I watched almost straight away. We'll Take Manhattan was based on a true story about photographer David Bailey and his model Jean Shrimpton.
I really enjoyed it. It was a really good story and it was true which always makes it better! Plus his accent (and him) was just beautiful. I really think you should watch it if you enjoy films about fashion (like devil wears prada?) or true films or just films about the past. Another thing I really like about the film was that when the credits were rolling it showed the real photographs of Jean that had been taken and the outfits and poses are almost exactly the same as that in the film, I love the attention to the littlest details!


           





























X

No comments:

Post a Comment