Pages

Monday 17 March 2014

How I Wash My Make Up Brushes...

As much as I like to kid myself, I am not a neat person. I just can't get organised no matter how much I try and my room is a complete mess 99% of the time. But, there are some things that I actually like cleaning or sorting out. One of these is washing my make up brushes. I really don't know why but it is so satisfying seeing them all clean and new looking afterwards. It makes me happy! (I realise this sounds extremely sad.).
So anyway, I just thought I'd share with you how I clean them because I don't really use any special make up cleany products or anything.


1. First get a towel to put the brushes on and roll one end up a little but. This is so that when you put the brushes down the water doesn't run up the handle bit of the brush. 
2. You need some baby shampoo and a running tap - that's it! Run the warm tap a little bit, but apparently you don't want the water too warm because it melts the glue or something? I don't know if it's true but just to be safe! 
3. Wet each brush a little bit and rub it on your hand as if you were rubbing make up on it.
4. Then put a tiny bit of baby shampoo in the middle of your hand and rub it with the brush again. Just keep doing this until you think that the brush is clean and rinse all the shampoo out. Make sure that all the shampoo is out! 
5. Once all the shampoo is out, squeeze the water out of the brush from the top down. Kind of like your smoothing it out.
6. Lay the clean brushes back on the towel like before so that the water doesn't get into the handle and leave them to dry!

Try not to run the tap for too long though! We need to try and save our planet so turn the tap off whenever you can!

X

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've ruined so many brushes during this new experimental cosmetics journey! I will give your routine a try! ;D

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always see make up brush cleaner things on the internet and they're so expensive! This is so much easier and cheaper!

      Delete
    2. Exactly! & With far less chemicals, I'm sure!! ;D


      Delete