Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

DofE...


THIS ISN'T AN EXCITING POST. So on Friday I started my Duke of Edinburgh award. For people not in the UK (or do people abroad do duke of Edinburgh?) the Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) is like an award that you get for doing volunteer work and skills and an expedition. The expedition is 2 day walk where you camp over night (if you are getting your bronze award). So you do a really long walk on the first day - carrying all of your stuff with you - and then you camp, and then you do a shorter walk on the second day. It's all about orienteering and stuff. It's hell basically. But anyway, I just wanted to say that if you are doing DofE or anything like it, here are the clothes that saved me...

Get a wick top. I don't know the real name but they wick away moisture and keep you cool or keep you warm. They are not fashionable but they look better than sweat patches. 



leggings. They are cool and you can put things over them easy.


That is all. This is my only fashion advice for DofE because it is not fashionable at all and anyone who looks good while doing it must not be from this world. Don't be one of those girls that wakes up at 6 in the morning to go do their make up before they go on a giant trek. I'm going to go sleep for a thousand years now so you may not hear from me for a while.

X

also, tie your hair up.

No comments:

Post a Comment